As I have been looking for ages since i got my Galaxy S HOW to setup Hotmail accordingly so that i have access to all my sub folders I thought lets share this!
Because I didnt find any topic/instructions untill yesterday I think it is good to have this in the How To List on the site!
Hope this will help a lot of other SGS owners who are looking for it!Step by step guide how to setup Hotmail Account properly so that you will see your Subfolders too!
2. E-mail ( the standard SGS Email)
3. Add new account
4. Fill in Email Address + Password of your Hotmail account
5. Press Manual Setup
6. Chose Exchange Account
7. Domain/Username = 'Youremailemail@example.com
8. Password = Your Hotmail password ( Already filled in in previous steps)
9. Exchange Server = m.hotmail.com
10. Tick 'Use Secure Connection (SSL) '
11. Press Next Now you have setup your Hotmail account on SGS.
After this It will give you some Account Options which you can setup yourselve manually as you prefer. Some handy settings are
Very handy if you want constantly checking on new emails and the SGS will give Notifications on the top Bar whenever you got new emails!(Like the standard GMAIL app. ( However this is Battary Consuming more then if not using it)
This will give you the option to chose which amount of emails SGS shall synchronize to the phone. F.E. emails from the last day/month/week etc..
- Sync Contact/Agenda options
You have got the options to chose if you want to sync your Hotmail contacts and/or Calendar ( Havent tried this as I dont want to)
Hope this will help a lot, as it did for me! Now I am able to see all my different subfolders that i use in Hotmail which is pretty nice! Please let me know what happens if you Sync your Hotmail Contacts/Agenda if you select that Account Option??
Many Thanks and hope this helps!