I have a few q's re my Galaxy S GT-I9000:
1. I use the "Silent Mode" option using the right-button when I turn my phone to silent, then I have to either activate Vibrate from the "Sound and display" menu or the pull-down menu, both options are inconvenient.
Is there a way to change the profile of "Silent Mode" to include Vibrate?
2. Battery drain is a constant problem. My phone lasts about 1.5 days before requiring a recharge. Phone call and internet activity is very low.The following apps are "always on"
* 3G Data
* Accounts and sync - Background data, Auto-sync
* GMail - Sync Gmail
* Hotmail (Account) - Email check frequency = Automatic (Push)
The "Battery Usage" menu item shows the following since recharge:
1. Display - 41%
2. Cell standby - 19%
3. Voice calls - 19%
4. Phone idle - 13%
5. Android System - 3%
6. Internet - 2%
7 Android OS - 2%
Any tips on how I can increase battery life?
3. I have the default Android version on my phone:
Firmware version: 2.1-update1
Baseband version: I9000DTJG3
Kernel vesion: 2.6.29 root@SE-S604 #2
Build number: ECLAIR.DTJG4
Are there simple instructions for a NOOB on how to upgrade my OS to the latest Android version? Note. I have tried this using KIES and it is not supported (does not work).