I have a problem with my S2 not being detected by Kies as some drivers are failing to install correctly. As a result my comp it not detecting the handheld in download mode and i'm not able to root or upgrade the firmware.
"Usb de-bugging is enabled"
>>This is what i have done so far:
1) I have installed Kies and on connecting my phone it failed installing 'MTP USB' and 'CDC Serial' drivers.
2) Then i have downloaded the complete SGS2 driver package and installed it and rebooted the pc.
3) After reinstalling, Kies just says 'connecting' but never connects.
4) Same case with ODIN, its not able to find my device in download mode. Its failing to install 'Gadget Serial' driver
1) uninstall KIES via control panel
2) Ran CCleaner and got rid of the stale bits from registry
3) Reboot pc and ran CCleaner again to see that all stale files and registry entries are cleaned.
4) Did a fresh install of KIES and rebooted pc, after which i tried again and it still did not work
>>This is where i stand now(drives issues fixed and outstanding)
: MTP USB Device drive was failing, tried the fix suggested on "h**p://bit.ly/oubxKU" and it worked
: CDC serial driver is failing when connected in Kies mode, tried "h**p://bit.ly/pDGcCx" but still failing
: Gadget Serial driver during boot up in download mode. I have tried "h**p://bit.ly/qYrvmj" but still did not work
Any further suggestions of what i should be doing?