I have a Galaxy S2 that I love to death but it has had some problems. The current one has the following symptoms:
- if you plug in either a power cable or the usb cable nothing happens at all, nada
- it will not use the cable to charge up.
- however if you plug either cable in and then power the phone off, it restarts itself, unasked, and then it is charging. But there is still no other recognition that the cable is connected.
- The pc does not recognise that a device has been plugged in (but it does recognise other devices in the same usb socket)
- so kies does not start on either machine and no data transfer is possible.
The phone has no difficulty with the mobile network or my wifi network, so I have been able to use kies air to transfer photos. But the charging thing and the physical link failure are annoying.