I have several questions about my Samsung Vibrant Galaxy S and would really appreciate some help with this please...Here are my phone details...
-Samsung Vibrant Galaxy S (SGH-T959)
-Rooted to Android 2.2 (Firmware version 2.2, Baseband version T959UVJL5, Kernel version 184.108.40.206, Build number: Nero v4.1 By Team Whiskey)My questions...
1) My phone won't find my location when using the Navigation, Maps and Latitude apps. My browser always says "Location unavailable" on the Google home page and nothing happens when I click the "update" location link next to it.
2) If I click on the "Voice Search" app and say: "Call Bill Jones" it will search Google for the name using the browser. Can I set up "Voice Search" so it will search and call "Bill Jones" in my contact list instead of going online?
3) If I'm talking on my phone and someone calls, I won't know anyone called unless they leave a voice message (missed call does
work if I'm NOT talking on the phone). I tried two different "missed call" apps but they didn't work. Can you recommend a "missed call" app that actually works with this phone?
4) I read that its bad to turn off running apps with the task manager. Why? What is the best way to turn off an app?
5) Can I install Android 2.3 on my phone, and if so, is it worth doing that?
6) Can I flip a switch and delete all my old emails from the gmail on my phone only
without deleting them from my gmail account...but when I'm done doing that, can I flip a switch again so I can return to being able to delete from my phone AND my gmail account simultaneously?
Thanks very much.