About 4 weeks ago on the way home from a weekend away my battery went dead on my GS2.
When I got home the phone did not respond when I plugged into the wall charger, I tried the usb connection through my computer but still no response.
I thought it may somehow have got water damaged so dried it out for a couple of days but still no response.
I then bought an external charging device to charge the battery, which proved successful however I still cannot charge the phone through the micro usb port.
I brought the phone to one of the repair kiosks in westfields to get the usb port replaced presuming I had damaged it somehow but again this proved to be unsuccessful.
Interestingly though, when I turn the phone off and back on while the charger is plugged in, the phone will show that it is charger, but the battery still goes down.
I bought a second battery so I could avoid down time through charging the phone using my external charger, which I was getting quite used to, however, last week another issue cropped up.
When my phone rings, the speaker cuts out after a second, this issue also happens when I use the speaker for every other function, i.e youtube, loudspeaker etc.
This issue bothered me so I decided to bring it to Vodafone (something I should have done first day but I didn’t realise how serious my problem was).
Anyway, when I brought the phone to the 3/Vodafone repair store they saw straight away that the phone had already been opened, therefore voiding my warrenty, quite upsetting.
My only guess as to how the phone broke initially is, while on the way home when the battery went dead, I plugged the phone into my sat nav charging port in the car, the phone didn’t respond but I left it in awhile thinking it may take a moment as it was completely flat.
Could this have fried the micro usb port somehow ? If so, can it be undone ?
Any suggestions towards the speaker issue would also be greatly appreciated.