I can't receive them either. I'm in Vancouver, Canada and I've tried both a Wind Mobile SIM and a Rogers SIM. Both behave the same. I can register on the network (Wind Home, or Rogers) and get 4-5 bars, but when I dial a number the phone says dialing for 3-5 seconds, then "disconnected". I've done a factory reset, rebooted the phone, and removed the battery / SIMs multiple times.
It's T-mobile branded. Settings that I have no idea might be relevant or not include (these were taken with the Rogers SIM in):Under About Phone:
Under About Phone -> Status:
- Model Number: SGH-T959
- Firmware Version: 2.1-update1
- Baseband Version: T959UVJI6
- Kernel Version: 2.6.29
- Build NUmber:ECLAIR.UVJ16
*This sounds like a problem to be, but the notification bar at the top says I am connected, and when I manually select a network the toast pop up says "Registered on network"Under *#*#4636#*#*
- Mobile Network Type: UMTS
- Service State: In Service
- Roaming: Not roaming
- Mobile Network State: Disconnected*
- IMEI: 351*01*4*715*72 (I starred out some numbers, they're real numbers on the phone)
- IMEI SV: 04
- Preferred network type: WCDMA/GSM auto
- Chiphering: Chiphering ON
- GSM disconnects: 4 sections, all say "State: inactive disconnected with last try at HH:MM fail because No Error"
The Wind network requires me to do some manual band selection, but for Rogers I put it back to automatic. Does anyone have any suggestions? I bought the phone from ebay and it's been working fine for about 2 weeks. Yesterday morning it decides not to work. It worked when I went to bed, and didn't when I got up.
Any help would be appreciated. I got the phone from ebay, but he phone is basically new (came in box, I had to unlock it), and I love it. I'd hate to be down $450.
Thanks in advance