Although I am new to this forum, I have already read the rules, how to post, etc ...
Anywho ... I was on the phone when it got really hot (no, I don't know the exact temperature), then it hung up on my call and turned off. When I tried to turn it back on and plug it in (thinking my battery had died), it said that the temperature was too high and to unplug.
I unplugged it, took the battery out and let it cool off. Then I plugged it back in and tried turning it on. It turns on briefly and it has December 31st as the date and 7:00pm as the time and then it turns itself back off.
After trying to turn it on both plugged in and not plugged in ... it finally turned on and had the correct time and date and everything seemed to be back to "normal."
I am concerned that I might have killed the battery. I am waiting for it to charge and see if we're back and running like it should, but this had never happened before so I was wondering if anyone had been through this before and if I should invest in purchasing a new battery?
(Yes, I searched "overheating" and looked for other posts, but none were similar to my issue)
Thank you all for reading and replying!!