Apologies if this is too long to read... I just want to make sure I've covered all the details....
I currently have a problem with my phone for the last month, maybe 2, where the audio on the phone does not work. It does not work for most of the day, every day. This happens with both the normal speaker and headphones.
To explain exactly what audio stops working:
- All sounds you hear while browsing the phone's menu - every single possible sound the phone would normally make.
- When making/receiving phone calls, I cannot hear the person on the other side. They can hear me though. When making a call, if I do not hear the "connection sound", then I know the other person won't hear me. This is annoying because I basically have to give them about 7 missed calls (sometimes more) before I can actually talk to them.
- MP3 do not work. In fact, when trying to play an MP3 while the problem is happening, the (any) media does not even play the file. I can press the play button until I break my finger, but nothing happens.
I have googled and searched on this forum to try find the source of the problem, but all problems people mention are only similar to mine - not the same.
Also, restarting the phone does NOT fix the problem!
What I have tried to do to fix the problem is:
- uninstalled all my apps (including the twitter app)
- done a hard reset (while the phone is switch on and off)
- upgraded from Froyo to Gingerbread
I am assuming it is a hardware problem which cannot be fixed (by me). What puzzles me is the startup sound plays every time. Anyway, I thought i would try see if maybe someone would have any good advise before I go to the A/S this weekend.
Here's my phone details:
Model - I9000 (Korean version)
Model No - SHW-M110S
Firmware - 2.3.3
Baseband - M110S.VD05.0140.ST
Kernel - 188.8.131.52
Build - Gingerbread.VE03 (updated 2 days ago)
The phone is not rooted - completely stock standard!
Is other other info needed? I have not listed my apps since my phone is currently app-free (except for the pre-loaded apps).
If anyone can help, then awesome thanks! If not, then I at least you enjoyed reading this! ^^