I hv the same problem with Khooyk and I did factory reset too but I still having the same problem...Did you reinstall the Kies? I still use the same Kies..
Khooky, did you solve your problem? ifyes can you share how to do it? thanks in advance.
Did you try a different Machine?
Ya, I had tried to connect to different machine but even worst that the kies cannot detect any firmware upgrade.
What I had tried again on the 1st PC is that
1. Uninstall the kies and reinstalled.
2. Factory data reset. Privacy->factory data reset
3. Connect the phone and run Kies
4. When Kies started, it detect & prompt me the new version of firmware for upgrade
5. I follow the upgrade instructions and it start download the firmware with no error.
6. After complete download & going to start install the component, It prompt the msg "Firmware Update has stopped working"...and show the problem signature like mentioned by khooky.
Is there any way to solve?
Thanks in advance